Brampton Set to Host Exciting Events for Canada 150
As you probably already know, this is a big year for Canada (it is its 150th birthday, after all) and everyone is coming together in a big way to celebrate the milestone.
Late last year, we learned that Canada's national parks and historic sites are free to attend. Later on, we found out that a phenomenally talented Brampton Sheridan alumnus created a stunningly challenging and memorable Canada 150 exhibit that draws attention to the continuous plight of the country's Aboriginal community.
Now, we're learning a little more about what Brampton is doing to celebrate the monumental birthday.
According to the city, Brampton is set to launch Brampton Celebrates with its Nation Canada 150 awareness campaign. Over the next few weeks, residents will start to see some unique artwork featured in a range of locations throughout the city.
As for what events are on tap, the city is set to celebrate the 100th anniversary of the Battle of Vimy Ridge, Rick Mercer's Canada: Coast to Coast to Coast, Discover Canada and more.
The event listing, which you can see here, will be updated to reflect what the city is doing to celebrate the country's big birthday. Residents are also welcome to list their events on the site.
- Canada's National Parks & Historic Sites Are Free for Brampton Residents in 2017
- Celebrate diversity with the city of Brampton at these upcoming events
- Upcoming Events Celebrate Brampton's Diversity
- CAUGHT ON VIDEO: Police help six-year-old boy from Brampton celebrate his birthday
- Brampton to virtually celebrate Canada Day with JUNO award-winning band