Brampton Teacher Facing More Sexual Assault-Related Charges
A Brampton teacher is facing additional sex-related charges, Peel police say.
Fifty-three-year-old Milton man Richard Knill, who teaches at Turner Fenton Secondary School in Brampton, was arrested and charged with sexual exploitation on June 15. According to police, he was held for a bail hearing.
Police say that On June 22, a former Bramalea Secondary School student contacted officers regarding a historic sexual assault. As a result, investigators have subsequently laid more charges.
On Monday June 26, Knill was arrested and charged with one count of sexual assault and one count of sexual exploitation. He was released on a promise to appear and is scheduled to appear in court on July 31.
Police say Knill has taught at various Peel schools, including Meadowvale Secondary School from 1991 - 1993, Bramalea Secondary School from 1993 - 2002, Chinguacousy Secondary School from 2002 - 2004 and Turner Fenton Secondary School from 2004 to present.
The investigation is ongoing.
Anyone who may have had contact with the accused is urged to contact police.
Anyone with information in relation to this incident is asked to contact investigators at the Special Victims Unit at 905-453-2121, ext. 3460.
- Brampton School Teacher Facing New Sexual Exploitation Investigation Charges
- Brampton High School Teacher Charged With Sexual Exploitation
- High School Teacher from Brampton Charged in Connection with Sexual Assault
- Brampton School Teacher Charged With Sexual Exploitation
- A Peel police officer has been charged with sexual assault