Brampton Teen Charged for Going Double Posted Speed Limit
Two people have been charged for stunt driving after they were was clocked going double the posted speed limit in a community safety zone.
During a traffic blitz on Wednesday, February 21, 2018, a Caledon OPP officer found two motorists speeding in separate incidents on Airport Road near Leamster Trail.
First, at 9:38 p.m., a red 2006 Pontiac Montana was caught travelling at 107 km/hr in a posted 50 km/h community safety zone.
Manraj Khangura, 18, of Brampton has been charged with racing a motor vehicle at an excessive speed.
Just over an hour later at 10:48 p.m., the officer clocked a black 2009 Hyundai Sonata going the same speed in the same zone - 107 km/h in a 50 km/h zone.
Henry Tan, 28, of Hamilton has also been charged with racing a motor vehicle at an excessive speed.
Both drivers have had their licences suspended and vehicles seized for seven days as a result of the charge.
- Driver stopped for going more than double the speed limit in Brampton
- Province confirms route for new highway that will run through Brampton
- Houses in Brampton significantly more expensive than they were just one year ago
- Many Canadians concerned about returning to their office
- Suspended driver allegedly caught with firearm during traffic stop in Brampton