Brampton Teen Dead After Shooting at Major Intersection in Mississauga
There was a shooting around 3:30p.m. today at a plaza in Mississauga, and there has since been one fatality.
The incident occurred on Hurontario Street between King and Dundas at a shopping plaza. The area is still closed for investigation.
One victim was rushed to the hospital in critical condition. The victim was Kamar Macintosh, 19, of Brampton, according to CP24. He later died from his injuries.
According to investigators, this was a targeted shooting. The suspect is described as male, black, five-feet tall, with a medium build. He was last seen wearing a baseball hat and a black hoodie.
The homicide and missing persons bureau have taken over the investigation.
Anyone with information about the shooting is asked to call police at 905-453-3311.
- Motorcyclist dead after colliding with transport truck in Brampton
- Overnight stabbing in Brampton prompts police inviestigation
- Brampton students cannot switch from distance to in-person learning at random during the school year: PDSB
- Mosquitos carrying West Nile discovered in Brampton
- Skies will be clear in Brampton for optimal Perseid meteor shower viewing