Brampton Teens Charged After Allegedly Fleeing from Stolen Vehicle into Farmer's Field
The OPP has charged four young men who allegedly fled a stolen car this past weekend.
Police say that on Friday, February 2, 2018, at around 11:35 a.m., a stationary officer of the Caledon OPP saw a 2017 grey Ford Fusion “plowing through the school zone at a very high rate of speed” on Bramalea Road north of Mayfield.
The officer drove westbound onto Mayfield Road and saw the vehicle weaving “aggressively” through traffic.
Police say the officer then lost sight of the car, and upon locating it, discovered it had crashed into a post at Mayfield Road and Dixie Road.
Four males were seen fleeing the vehicle — which the police allege was stolen — and into a farmer’s field north of the intersection.
Two schools in the area were placed in hold and secure while police sought the suspects to apprehend them.
Four 16-year-old males were subsequently arrested and charged with possession of property obtained by crime over $5,000.
Under the Youth Criminal Justice Act, the youths cannot be identified.
- Intersection Closed for Shooting Investigation in Brampton
- Police Searching for Missing 17 Year Old Girl in Brampton
- Police Warn Residents to Beware of Serious and Ongoing Taxi Scam in Brampton
- UPDATE: Extreme Weather Warning in Effect for Brampton
- Police Searching for Brampton Male Considered Armed and Dangerous
- Impaired Brampton Man Charged After Fleeing From Police in Stolen Vehicle
- Brampton Men Charged After Stolen Vehicle Crash
- Three Males Arrested Following Vehicle Theft in Brampton
- Police on Scene Due to Crash Involving Allegedly Stolen Vehicle in Brampton
- Brampton Teen Charged After Ramming Police Cruisers With Stolen Vehicle