Brampton to Begin Construction on Suburban Roads This Spring
Some of Brampton's roads are due for resurfacing in the coming months, as residents will notice from the increase in construction around the city.
Road resurfacing involves grinding out and repaving the road surface to restore it to its original state. The city uses contractors to repair concrete curbs, sidewalks and catch basins, raise and adjust manholes, and restore any damage to sod, driveways and private curbs resulting from the construction.
The city will be sending out Notice of Construction letters to residents whose streets are due for resurfacing. The letter will say when work will take place on the street and who to contact if there are any concerns.
Work on each street takes about six weeks to complete.
City contractors use hot asphalt during the road resurfacing process that takes time to cool once on the roadway.
Residents are advised to make all members of their household aware of this potential hazard.
Thus far, road resurfacing notices have been sent out for Sandhill Court, Colonel Bertram Road, Beechwood Crescent, Clark Boulevard, and Orenda Road.
There are approximately 90 road improvement projects in Brampton that are set to begin in Spring 2017, including road construction and other road-related activities taking place within city boundaries,.
For more information on when and where construction will begin on specific roads in Brampton, click here.
- Motorcyclist dead after colliding with transport truck in Brampton
- Overnight stabbing in Brampton prompts police inviestigation
- Brampton students cannot switch from distance to in-person learning at random during the school year: PDSB
- Mosquitos carrying West Nile discovered in Brampton
- Skies will be clear in Brampton for optimal Perseid meteor shower viewing
- This street lighting infrastructure in Brampton is under construction
- Road Closure In Effect Due To Construction In Brampton
- Construction Project Causing Delays on Major Road in Brampton
- Here's How to Find Out About Road Closures in Brampton
- Here's Which Roads are Undergoing Construction in the Next 10 Years in Brampton