Brampton Transit Fares Set to Rise
According to the city, adult fares—and only adult fares—will be increasing on March 6.
Although the changes might prompt some grumbling, they aren't unexpected and were outlined in this 2016 document. A few other changes are also on the horizon, as the student fare category will be renamed Youth "for consistency and fare harmonization with other transit systems within the Greater Toronto and Hamilton Area (GTHA)."
According to the city, the fare increase will go towards enhancing services and will include more buses, operators and increased frequency.
Cash fare, child/youth and senior fares will remain the same.
You can take a look at fare breakdown here:
While the news might be disappointing to some, the increases are small and should help the city boost and improve its current system.
- What NOT to Call 911 For in Peel Region
- Man and Woman Charged After Police Seize Guns and Drugs from Brampton Home
- House of the Week: $1.8 Mil Luxurious Mansion With Backyard Resort
- Brawl Breaks Out Involving Nearly 500 Students in Brampton
- Brampton Native Ex-NHL Defenceman Will Be The First Canadian On Survivor