Brampton transit updates routes for more convenient service
Effective March 2, 2020, service improvements and changes for various Brampton routes will take effect.
The following Brampton transit routes have been affected: 1/1A Queen, 4/4A Chinguacousy, 9 Vodden, 19 Fernforest, 24 Van Kirk, 31 McVean, 8 Centre, 11 Steeles, 25 Edenbrook, 29 Williams, 53 Ray Lawson, 54 County Court and 104 Chinguacousy Express.
While most changes include weekday and weekend schedule improvements for riders, some routes, such as the 24 Van Kirk, will be removed from Cresthaven Road, Tournament Drive and Wanless Drive south of Brinkley Drive to facilitate two-way service on Van Kirk Drive.
Brampton Transit has also made changes to some routes in order to make better connections at the Bramalea Terminal.
Because of these service improvements and changes, Brampton Transit advises riders to check the updated route schedules prior to heading out.
Later this year, the city of Brampton can also expect free transit for seniors, according to a recent video by Mayor Patrick Brown.
To see the full list of changes and improvements, click here.
The next service improvement will take place on April 27, 2020.
- Waste service changes coming to Brampton amid COVID-19 outbreak
- Canadian military preparing to get involved in COVID-19 pandemic
- Brampton making changes to transit routes starting March 31
- Traffic study identifies most dangerous streets in Brampton
- Brampton man charged for allegedly lying about COVID-19 exposure