Brampton Truck Driver Arrested for Impaired Driving on Highway
Officers with Ontario Provincial Police (OPP) have arrested and charged a Brampton man with impaired driving.
The incident happened around 7:30 p.m. on Friday, October 19 on the QEW in Burlington.
An off-duty OPP officer witnessed a transport truck driver slam into a concrete wall on the QEW, get off the highway, and slam into a tree, according to OPP Sgt. Kerry Schmidt.
Police stopped the driver and allegedly located cannabis in the vehicle.
Rajiv Dev, a 41 year old Brampton man, was arrested and charged with impaired driving by drug, dangerous driving, and several drug possession offences.
His licence was suspensed and the vehicle was impounded, Schmidt reports.
Dev was released and is set to appear in court at a later date.
- Impaired Driver Arrested After Ignoring Police Road Block in Brampton
- Impaired Brampton Man Charged After Fleeing From Police in Stolen Vehicle
- Brampton School Bus Driver Charged With Impaired Driving With Children on Board
- Brampton Man Facing Impaired Driving and Firearm Charges
- Reportedly Impaired Driver Arrested During Rush Hour in Brampton