Brampton Truck Driver Arrested for Impaired Driving on Highway
Officers with Ontario Provincial Police (OPP) have arrested and charged a Brampton man with impaired driving.
The incident happened around 7:30 p.m. on Friday, October 19 on the QEW in Burlington.
An off-duty OPP officer witnessed a transport truck driver slam into a concrete wall on the QEW, get off the highway, and slam into a tree, according to OPP Sgt. Kerry Schmidt.
Police stopped the driver and allegedly located cannabis in the vehicle.
Rajiv Dev, a 41 year old Brampton man, was arrested and charged with impaired driving by drug, dangerous driving, and several drug possession offences.
His licence was suspensed and the vehicle was impounded, Schmidt reports.
Dev was released and is set to appear in court at a later date.
- Two Brampton residents celebrating lottery wins
- CAUGHT ON VIDEO: Multi-vehicle collision in Brampton
- CAUGHT ON VIDEO: Street race results in car crashing into Brampton home
- Driver transported to trauma centre after multi-vehicle collision in Brampton
- City of Brampton encouraging residents to report face-covering infractions
- OPP Arrest And Charge 21-Year-Old Brampton Resident With Impaired Driving
- Driver arrested for impaired driving after high-speed collision in Brampton
- Impaired Brampton Man Charged After Fleeing From Police in Stolen Vehicle
- Impaired Driver Arrested After Ignoring Police Road Block in Brampton
- Man Charged with Impaired Driving and Firearm Possession in Brampton