Brampton Under Severe Weather Watch
Brampton residents beware - a severe weather watch is in effect for our city!
“Conditions are favourable for the development of severe thunderstorms that may be capable of producing strong wind gusts and heavy rain,” said Environment Canada.
According to Environment Canada, thunderstorms are expected to develop near Lake Huron and Georgian Bay and move southeastwards. The thunderstorms will have potential to produce severe weather, such as large hail, damaging winds, and torrential rainfall.
“Strong wind gusts can toss loose objects, damage weak buildings, break branches off trees and overturn large vehicles. Intense lightning is likely with any thunderstorm that develops,” said Environment Canada.
The watch is in effect for Burlington, Oakville, Caledon, Halton Hills, Milton, Mississauga, and Brampton.
Remember, severe thunderstorms can produce tornadoes.
The Office of the Fire Marshal and Emergency Management recommends that you take cover immediately if threatening weather approaches.
- Brampton father celebrating big lotto win
- Peel District schools in Brampton with reported cases of COVID-19 – September 25
- All COVID-19 cases in Brampton schools for the week of September 21 to 26
- Ontario reports 435 new COVID-19 cases, no new deaths
- Daycare in Lockdown as shooting leaves man dead in Brampton