Brampton up to 137 confirmed cases of COVID-19
The province announced Thursday (April 2) that more than 400 new cases of COVID-19 have been confirmed in Ontario.
Ontario is currently reporting 2,793 cases of the novel coronavirus in the province - an icrease of 401 cases in a 24-hour period.
The province says 53 people have died of the disease (up 16 from Wednesday), while another 831 have been resolved. The province's updated website provides some interesting demographic information as well. According to the website, 1,355 men and 1,421 women have been diagnosed with COVID-19.
The province says 62,733 people have been tested for the virus and that 2,052 possible cases are under investigation.
According to Peel Public Health's COVID-19 website (which was updated at 10:00 am on April 2), 362 people have been diagnosed in the region. There are currently 137 cases in Brampton, 18 in Caledon and 200 in Mississauga.
Seven cases are pending more information.
A Brampton man in his 70s died of the virus on March 31. He is the region's first COVID-19 fatality.
According to Halton Region Public Health, there were 74 cases in the region as of 11:45 am April 1. That marks a surge of 15 new patients in a one-day period.
Most COVID-19 cases have been found in Oakville.
Of the 74 cases reported by the Halton Region, 15 cases have been diagnosed in Milton, 28 in Oakville, 24 in Burlington and six in Halton Hills.
A Milton man in his 50s died of the virus last month.
There is evidence of community spread in both regions.
Residents are reminded to wash their hands frequently and stay home unless it is not possible to do so.
Photo courtesy The Canadian Press
- Brampton reaches higher plateau for daily COVID-19 cases
- Brampton issues 56 additional physical distancing fines amid COVID-19 pandemic
- Brampton to make masks mandatory on city's public transit system
- Popular Filipino fast-food restaurant opening a location in Brampton
- Brampton Transit reintroducing fares in July
- Ontario reports over 450 new COVID-19 cases, over 130 cases confirmed in Brampton
- Close to 500 new cases of COVID-19 found in Ontario, over 300 total cases confirmed in Brampton
- Ontario reports over 4,000 cases of COVID-19, over 200 cases confirmed in Brampton
- 483 new COVID-19 cases reported in Ontario, over 400 total cases confirmed in Brampton
- Over 200 new COVID-19 cases found in Ontario, over 100 cases now confirmed in Brampton