Brampton weather advisory expected to effect afternoon commute
Brampton is under a winter weather travel advisory beginning Friday afternoon and carrying into the evening.
The timing of this snowfall may potentially lengthen afternoon commute times significantly.
According to Environment Canada, “A well-organized snow squall originating from Lake Huron will move across the area late this afternoon into this evening”.
“At this point, it seems very likely this band will impact the afternoon/evening commute in the Golden Horseshoe from Oshawa to Hamilton. This band may also impact the 401 corridor from Oshawa to Kingston late this afternoon as well.”
This band will be capable of producing quick accumulations of 2 to 5 cm in an hour along with sudden reductions to visibility in heavy snow.
Travelers are advised to exercise caution and allow extra time to reach their destination.
- 120 workers test positive for COVID-19 in outbreak on Ontario farm
- Peel police issue dozens of speeding tickets over two-day period in Brampton
- Doug Ford plans to extend state of emergency in Ontario until June 30
- 404 new COVID-19 cases being reported in Ontario, 2,468 total cases found in Brampton
- Police searching for single suspect in relation to restaurant robbery in Brampton