Brampton weather advisory expected to effect afternoon commute
Brampton is under a winter weather travel advisory beginning Friday afternoon and carrying into the evening.
The timing of this snowfall may potentially lengthen afternoon commute times significantly.
According to Environment Canada, “A well-organized snow squall originating from Lake Huron will move across the area late this afternoon into this evening”.
“At this point, it seems very likely this band will impact the afternoon/evening commute in the Golden Horseshoe from Oshawa to Hamilton. This band may also impact the 401 corridor from Oshawa to Kingston late this afternoon as well.”
This band will be capable of producing quick accumulations of 2 to 5 cm in an hour along with sudden reductions to visibility in heavy snow.
Travelers are advised to exercise caution and allow extra time to reach their destination.
- House of the Week: $1.6 Mil House with Insta-Worthy Backyard
- Brampton father celebrating big lotto win
- Ontario reports 491 new COVID-19 cases, highest daily increase in months
- All COVID-19 cases in Brampton schools for the week of September 21 to 26
- Ontario reports 435 new COVID-19 cases, no new deaths