Brampton West MP tests positive for COVID-19
Kamal Khera, Liberal MP for Brampton West has contracted COVID-19.
According to a release Khera shared on Twitter, she began experiencing flu-like symptoms on Saturday, at which time she began self-isolating.
On Monday, Khera was tested for the virus, and results came back positive on Tuesday.
Khera has announced she will continue to remain in isolation as she recovers from the virus.
“I want to assure the constituents of Brampton West that I will continue to serve them as their MP and they can count on me to be back on my feet in short order,” she said in the statement.
“As a reminder, we must practice social and physical distancing, and take the precautions necessary to ensure we protect ourselves and each other,” she continued.
Cover photo courtesy of Kamal Khera’s Twitter
- Maple Leaf Foods closes Brampton plant as more employees test positive for COVID-19
- More than 500 new COVID-19 cases recorded in Ontario, 270 total cases found in Brampton
- Two Maple Leaf Foods workers at two Ontario plants test positive for COVID-19
- CAUGHT ON VIDEO: Police help six-year-old boy from Brampton celebrate his birthday
- Service changes to affect Brampton transit schedules amid COVID-19 outbreak