Brampton Woman Celebrating Big Lotto Win With Boyfriend
A couple from Peel Region is all smiles after scoring a substantial lotto windfall!
It looks like Brampton is one lucky city - Amy Morgan of Brampton and Mitchell Williams of Mississauga are celebrating a $138,546 win from the May 18 LOTTO MAX draw.
"We've been dating for two years," said Morgan in a recent OLG release.
"I often play LOTTO MAX - always with ENCORE - but this was the first lottery ticket we purchased together."
Morgan and Williams are both restaurant employees who met on the job.
"At first, we thought we won $138," said Morgan. "We double checked and realized it was $138,546 - we were shocked!"
What does the couple plan to do with their winnings?
Morgan and Williams plan to purchase a new vehicle, take a trip to Costa Rica with friends, and then save the remainder.
"It's a relief knowing we don't have to worry for a while," said Williams.
The winning ticket was purchased at Husky on Kennedy Road in Mississauga.
- McLaughlin and Ray Lawson closed due to shooting investigation in Brampton
- House of the Week: $1.6 Mil House with Insta-Worthy Backyard
- Peel District schools in Brampton with reported cases of COVID-19 – September 29
- Dufferin-Peel Catholic District schools in Brampton with reported COVID-19 cases – September 29
- Mayor Brown raises concerns over banquet hall events and weddings in Brampton