Brampton woman celebrating group lottery win
A group of four from the Greater Toronto Area (GTA) has just won big in the December 6, 2019, draw.
The group matched six numbers plus the bonus number to win the prize. They also won $2 on their ENCORE selection, bringing the total winnings up to $90,535.40.
The group members include Bernadette Torres of Brampton, Ling Li of Toronto, Binmin Sun of Richmond Hill and Duela Licang of Thornhill.
"We work together but we're friends too," the group leader, Li, told OLG. "I was shocked and amazed. I called the others immediately to come to the store!"
The group members plan to pay off debts and go shopping with their winnings.
The winning ticket was purchased at Penny Lane on Yonge Street in Toronto.
Photo courtesy of OLG
- These Brampton businesses are giving back to the community amid COVID-19 pandemic
- Close to 1,000 cases of COVID-19 recorded in Ontario, with 41 new cases found in Peel
- Pusateri’s responds after being called out for price gouging by Doug Ford
- Indigo lays off 5,200 employees, stores closed indefinitely
- Residential fire closes parts of Brampton neighbourhood