Brampton Woman Charged After Driving Opposite Direction on 407 Impaired
York Regional Police officers have charged a woman in Brampton after she was found going the opposite direction on the 407.
On Saturday, July 27, around 2 am, the police helicopter Air2 responded to the area of Highway 407 and Keele Street for a report of a person driving the wrong direction on the highway.
When Air2 arrived they spotted the vehicle travelling eastbound in the westbound lanes.
The helicopter followed and directed officers to the vehicle. After narrowly missing oncoming cars and driving through a construction zone, the suspect vehicle slowed to a stop near Ninth Line, turned around and began travelling west in the westbound lanes.
Officers stopped the suspect vehicle and investigated the driver.
Officers claim there was a strong smell of burnt cannabis coming from inside the vehicle and the driver was showing obvious signs of impairment.
The 28-year-old woman from Brampton was placed under arrest.
Within the vehicle police located cannabis and an open bottle of rum. The driver was transported to #5 District Headquarters for a breath test where she blew over the legal limit of alcohol.
She was charged with:
- Impaired Operation
- 80 Plus Blood alcohol limit
- Dangerous Operation of a Motor Vehicle
- Drive Motor Vehicle With Cannabis Readily Available
- Drive Motor Vehicle With Cannabis in Open Baggage
- Drive Motor Vehicle With Open Container of Liquor
- Drive Motor Vehicle With Liquor Readily Available
Video and cover photo courtesy of York Police
- Skies will be clear in Brampton for optimal Perseid meteor shower viewing
- Trudeau, Morneau, Telford must resign, or trigger an election: Blanchet
- Consequences for improper mask and glove disposal still in effect in Brampton
- Passengers aboard several early-August flights to Pearson test positive for COVID-19
- Vehicle rolls over on Brampton intersection
- Impaired Brampton Man Charged After Fleeing From Police in Stolen Vehicle
- OPP Arrests 25-Year-Old Brampton Resident Following Single-Vehicle Collision
- Lanes blocked on Brampton intersection due to motor vehicle collision
- Brampton Truck Driver Arrested for Impaired Driving on Highway
- Brampton School Bus Driver Charged With Impaired Driving With Children on Board