Brampton Woman Charged in Drug Trafficking Investigation
A Brampton woman has been charged in Owen Sound in connection to an ongoing investigation, say police.
The OPP and Owen Sound Police say that on April 4, 2018, at 1:13 p.m., OPP offiecers attempted to arrest a woman who was seating in the driver’s seat of a car parked on Alpha Street in Owen Sound.
“The female fled the parking lot, operating the vehicle in an erratic manner with two children inside,” reads a recent news release. “At 1:21 p.m., the suspect vehicle was stopped by Owen Sound Police and the driver was arrested without incident.”
Police say that an an undisclosed amount of powder substance, suspected to be fentanyl, was seized from the vehicle, a 2013 Ford Explorer, which was also seized.
Meaghan Elizabeth Schick Duregger, 28, of Brampton, has been charged with possession of fentanyl for the purpose of trafficking and flight from police.
The suspect is held pending a bail hearing set for April 9, 2018.
Anyone with information which may assist police is asked to call Grey County OPP at 1-888-310-1122 or Owen Sound Police Service at 519-376-1234. Should you wish to remain anonymous, call Crime Stoppers at 1-800-222-8477 (TIPS) or submit a secure web-tip, where you may be eligible to receive a cash reward of up to $2,000.
- City Congratulates Brampton Mayor Patrick Brown on Birth of His First Son
- A Major Canadian Company Is Moving Into A Single Facility In Brampton
- Vehicle Flipped Over in Multi-Vehicle Crash in Brampton
- Peel Police Asking For Help To Locate Missing 10-Year-Old Boy From Brampton
- Police Cruiser Involved in Three-Vehicle Crash in Brampton
- Brampton Man Facing Several Charges in Drug Bust
- Brampton Woman Charged in Connection With Drug Trafficking Investigation
- Brampton Man Arrested in Connection with Drug Trafficking
- Suspect From Brampton Facing Charges in Relation to Massive Drug Trafficking Incident
- Brampton Man Charged After Guns Seized by Police