Brampton Woman Charged With Defrauding Former Employer of Hundreds of Thousands of Dollars
York Regional Police have charged a Brampton woman of scamming her former employer for a massive amount of money, according to a recent release.
Police began an investigation in July 2017 where a woman was suspected to have defrauded her employer of about $395,000, according to a recent release.
The suspect was a payroll specialist at a technology-based company in Vaughan at the time.
Police say that between June 26, 2015, and July 7, 2017, the suspect re-activated a former employees payroll. The suspect then changed the payroll deposit information to her own personal account.
“The accused then increased the hourly pay rate and added numerous bonuses over the two years,” reads the release.
Nazia Zaman, 30, of Brampton has been charged with fraud over $5,000 and possession of proceeds of crime.
The suspect is set to appear in court of May 10, 2018.
- Mayor Patrick Brown Asking that Convicted Sex Offender Not be Settled in Brampton
- Brampton Resident Now Celebrating Major Lotto Win
- Officers on Scene After Dead Body Found in Brampton
- Convicted Sex Offender Living in Brampton Area: Police
- Brampton Says Mississauga Might Have to Pay Up if it Leaves Region of Peel
- Brampton Woman Charged in GTA Fraud Case Targeting Banks
- Brampton Woman Charged in Connection With Immigration-Related Fraud
- Brampton Woman Charged in Drug Trafficking Investigation
- Brampton Woman Charged in Armed Jewelry Store Robbery
- Police Looking for Suspect After Woman Reports Assault in Brampton Park