Brampton Woman Enjoying Substantial Lotto Win
A very lucky Brampton grandmother is celebrating a big lotto win.
OLG recently announced that Janice Lambert won the $100,000 top prize with Instant Crossword Tripler (Game #2045).
"I've been playing the lottery for over 20 years," Lambert told OLG while at the OLG Prize Centre in Toronto. "Instant Crossword is my favourite - but I'll occasionally play Pick 3, Pick 4 and Lotto 6/49 as well."
OLG says Lambert knew she had won a prize after scratching her ticket, but she thought her windfall was closer to $20. Then she reviewed her ticket and realized she'd won much more.
"I was so excited - I yelled out that I had won $100,000 in the GO Bus line-up."
As the other passengers congratulated her, she called her partner of 25 years and her three children.
"He and the kids were so excited."
OLG says the 56-year-old is taking her time to process the windfall, although she plans to spoil her kids and grandchildren.
"I'm going to take my time to process the win, and think about what to do."
Instant Crossword Tripler is available for $5 a play and the top prize is $100,000. Odds of winning any prize are 1 in 3.61.
The winning ticket was purchased at Circle K on Queen Street in Brampton.
- Grocery store employee in Brampton tests positive for COVID-19
- Brampton raid part of large fentanyl bust
- House of the Week: $1.6 Mil House with Insta-Worthy Backyard
- Dufferin-Peel Catholic District schools in Brampton with reported COVID-19 cases – September 28
- Peel District schools in Brampton with reported cases of COVID-19 – September 28