Brampton woman facing gun and drug-related charges
Two people are facing drug and firearms-related charges.
Peel police say that on Friday, Sept. 4, 2020, officers carried out a search warrant at a condominium in the Duke of York Blvd. and Burnhamthorpe Rd. W. area. Police allege that a loaded .357 Magnum revolver and ammunition were located over the course of search.
Police also allege that officers discovered quantities of two illicit substances.
Police say 27-year-old Mississauga man Jakeel Gairey and 20-year-old Brampton woman Kieran Louza are facing a number of charges, including possession of a prohibited firearm, possession of a controlled substance and more.
Both were held for a bail hearing and appeared in court on Sept. 4, 2020.
“These types of offences represent a far too common (and dangerous) reality across the GTA,” said Deputy Chief Nick Milinovich in a statement.
“Our community is a safer place with one less illegal firearm and ammunition on the streets. This investigation represents another example of our officers reinforcing the narrative that gun and gang violence is not welcome in our community. Demonstrating their continued commitment to addressing this issue.”
Anyone with additional information is asked to contact the Specialized Enforcement Bureau at (905) 453-3311, ext. 3515.
- Employee at Brampton FreshCo. tests positive for COVID-19
- Brampton woman identified as Hamilton murder victim
- These are the pharmacies offering COVID-19 tests in Brampton
- Peel District schools in Brampton with reported cases of COVID-19 – September 24
- Dufferin-Peel Catholic District schools in Brampton with reported COVID-19 cases – September 24
- Brampton residents facing charges after police seize drugs, handgun and ammunition
- Brampton man facing charges after police seize loaded firearm
- Mississauga and Brampton residents charged with firearm-related offences
- Three Brampton men charged with firearm-related offences
- Pink firearm seized by police in Brampton