Brampton Woman Slain in New York Hotel Room
Police in Syracuse, New York are reporting that a Brampton woman was killed by her boyfriend in a hotel room in upstate New York.
According to a recent Canadian Press article, police have alleged that an American man killed the victim, 44-year-old Michelle Paterson, in the Hampton Inn hotel room and then called 911 to report the murder.
The CP reports that Syracuse police say the suspect, 38-year-old David Schmidinger, called 911 around 11 a.m. on Thursday (Dec. 22) and told a dispatcher he killed his girlfriend and was waiting for the police.
At this point, it is not yet known how she was killed.
The CP reports that Schmidinger had a long-term off-and-on relationship with the victim. He has pleaded not guilty to a second degree murder charge.
- Brampton Woman Killed in New York a Brampton City Employee
- Police identify woman allegedly killed by former partner in suspected murder/suicide incident in Brampton
- UPDATE: Police Re-Identify Suspect After Hells Angels Member Killed in Mississauga
- Police Looking for Suspect After Woman Reports Assault in Brampton Park
- Canadian Hotel Industry Shows Signs Of Profiting This Year