Brampton youth headed to finals on popular television show
A youth from Brampton who stunned the judges on NBC's popular television show, America's Got Talent (AGT), has made it to the finals.
Back in June, 10-year-old Roberta Battaglia from Brampton wowed the celebrity judges with her performance of Lady Gaga and Bradley Cooper's "Shallow," an Oscar award-winning song from the 2018 film, A Star is Born.
"It really all started when I was three and a half," Battaglia said on the show, adding that her father is an engineer at a local radio station. "He would sing at restaurants and I would sing 'Twinkle, Twinkle, Little Star' when he would leave the microphone on the floor."
Prior to her performance, Battaglia told host Terry Crews that it has always been her dream to be on the show.
The judges present during Battaglia's audition were Simon Cowell, Howie Mandel, Heidi Klum and Sofia Vergara from the hit television show Modern Family; and was the host Battaglia was most excited to see.
Her performance even led Vergara to press the coveted "golden buzzer," which can only be pressed once per season by each judge.
"It was amazing. It was breathtaking," said Vergara.
"You're 10-years-old. It's impossible to sing like that at 10-years-old."
During her semifinal performance, Battaglia performed a rendition of Pink’s "What About Us" and is now even closer to winning the million-dollar grand prize after making it to the final round.
The finale will air on September 23.
Photo courtesy of America's Got Talent
- Daycare in Lockdown as shooting leaves man dead in Brampton
- Employee at Brampton FreshCo. tests positive for COVID-19
- Police searching for missing 15-year-old girl from Brampton
- Brampton woman identified as Hamilton murder victim
- Peel District schools in Brampton with reported cases of COVID-19 – September 24
- Brampton youth wows judges during popular television show audition
- 11-year-old from Brampton hoping to win this season’s grand prize for America’s Got Talent
- Award-winning comedian coming to Brampton this weekend
- Two Brampton sisters score major deal on popular television show
- Canadians Can Soon Win It Big On This Famous Game Show