Brampton youth wows judges during popular television show audition
A youth from Brampton recently stunned the judges on NBC’s popular television show, America’s Got Talent (AGT).
On Tuesday night’s episode, 10-year-old Roberta Battaglia from Brampton wowed the celebrity judges with her performance of Lady Gaga and Bradley Cooper’s “Shallow,” an Oscar award-winning song from the 2018 film, A Star is Born.
“It really all started when I was three and a half,” Battaglia said on the show, adding that her father is an engineer at a local radio station. “He would sing at restaurants and I would sing ‘Twinkle, Twinkle, Little Star’ when he would leave the microphone on the floor.”
Prior to her performance, Battaglia told host Terry Crews that it has always been her dream to be on the show.
The judges present during Battaglia’s audition were Simon Cowell, Howie Mandel, Heidi Klum and Sofia Vergara from the hit television show Modern Family; and was the host Battaglia was most excited to see.
Her performance even led Vergara to press the coveted “golden buzzer,” which can only be pressed once per season by each judge.
“It was amazing. It was breathtaking,” said Vergara.
“You’re 10-years-old. It’s impossible to sing like that at 10-years-old.”
The last episode of auditions for Season 15 of America’s Got Talent will air on June 23, 2020, and this year’s winner will win $1 million (USD).
Photo courtesy of America’s Got Talent
- Police investigate possible kidnapping of a female in Brampton
- All COVID-19 cases in Brampton schools for the week of September 14 to 19
- UPDATE: Police say Saturday night incident in Brampton wasn't kidnapping; continuing to investigate
- Ontario reports 365 new COVID-19 cases in past 24 hours, one new death
- Planning for this transformative Brampton project now underway