Brampton's Massive Chutney Festival Set to Hit Caledon This Summer
Delicious food, tons of live music, and basically a huge party - Brampton’s Chutney Festival is on its way to the Brampton Fairgrounds in Caledon this summer.
The Canadian Indo-Caribbean Festival recently announced that it will be bringing Brampton’s Chutney Festival to the Brampton Fairgrounds (12942 Heart Lake Rd.) all day on Saturday July 28, 2018.
For the past few years, the Chutney Festival has attracted thousands of attendees from across the GTA to revel in Indo-Caribbean culture. It’s known as a family friendly event that’s completely free of charge.
That’s right, admission is free!
According to event organizers, the event attracts anywhere from 3,000-5,000 people every year.
Live bands, dance troops, choirs, tassa drummers, limbo dances, steel pan bands, and both eastern and western singers are promised to audiences at the festival, so it’s bound to be a party.
There will also be a singing competition to promote young talent.
Right now, there’s a call for artist submissions, which are being accepted until early summer 2018.
As for food, there’s going to be an abundance of Caribbean food for purchase (of course!), jerk chicken and fresh coconuts included, as well as roasted corn, fries, Sharr-Key’s Gourmet Food truck, and more.
You can also count on vendors being there, selling things like clothing, caps, flags, snacks, and even jewellery.
The massive festival is also one of a few Brampton events that are getting some funding from the province.
It’s set to be “An explosion of Indo-Caribbean music, food, and culture!” say organizers.
We’ll keep you posted on the event as it approaches!
- Exciting Christmas Events are Coming to a Huge Entertainment Facility
- Brampton man celebrating his big lottery win
- Two Brampton men charged in massive firearm-related investigation
- $25,000 reward offered for conviction of armed robbery suspects in Peel
- 5 Amazing Places for a Girls' Weekend Getaway Outside Brampton
- Massive Indigenous Food and Music Festival Set to Hit Brampton All Weekend
- Huge Food Truck Festival Set to Hit Brampton This Summer
- Major Food and Music Festival Headed to Brampton
- Major Food and Music Festival Set to Hit Brampton This Weekend
- Massive Two-Day Japanese Food and Entertainment Festival Coming to Peel This Weekend