Brampton's Most Wanted: Dangerous Offender Wanted for Murder
While many offenders face jail time for very serious offences in Brampton (and Peel in general), some manage to elude police and those people wind up on Peel Police’s fugitive list.
As of now, police are still searching for suspected murderer Sawaran Singh Sekhon.
Sekhon is wanted by Peel police for the shooting death of Devinder Singh Gill. On Sept. 11, 2009, Gill was shot and killed during an altercation at his home on Castlehill Road in Brampton.
According to CityNews, the 33-year-old victim was killed in the early morning hours. After the incident, police put out a call for two men—Sekhon and Gurmit Singh Randhawa. Police said both were wanted for second degree murder and warned the public that they were potentially armed and dangerous.
Sekhon is described as a 48-year-old South Asian male with short black hair and brown eyes. He's 5'9" and 188 pounds.
There is currently a Canada-wide warrant out for his arrest. The RCMP believe he may have fled to the Ludhiana area in India.
- Driver stopped for going more than double the speed limit in Brampton
- Province confirms route for new highway that will run through Brampton
- Houses in Brampton significantly more expensive than they were just one year ago
- Many Canadians concerned about returning to their office
- Suspended driver allegedly caught with firearm during traffic stop in Brampton
- Police Still Searching For Man Wanted for Murder in Brampton
- Peel Police Searching For Male Wanted for Break and Enters
- Police Searching for Man Wanted for Murder Just Outside of Brampton
- WANTED: Police Release Canada-Wide Warrant For Man Known to Frequent GTA
- Police Searching for Man Wanted in Connection with Stabbing Incident in Brampton