Brampton's Sports Hall of Fame is Getting New Members
Big news for Brampton - four Bramptonians are receiving a prestigious honour very soon!
The City of Brampton recently announced that the Brampton Sports Hall of Fame will induct four new members in 2018.
This is an exciting time of year for sports in Brampton. The Brampton Sports Hall of Fame was created in 1979 and it’s always on display in the Powerade Centre on Kennedy Road South of Steeles Avenue.
Who are the new members?
- Harnek Singh Rai: Rai will be recognized in the Builder category for his contributions to powerlifting as a competitor, organizers, coach, and referee.
- Rosemary Miller: Miller will be inducted as a Builder for her years of dedication to tennis in Brampton, and her leadership in promoting sport for those 55+.
- Mike Weaver: Weaver has an extensive career in hockey, including 16 years in the NHL. He’ll be inducted in the Athelete category.
- Richard Souce: Souce will join the Hall of Fame as an Athlete, recognizing his success as an amateur and professional boxer.
"As everyone can see, the Class of 2018 represents a vast array of sports and they are all very worthy of receiving this prestigious honour,” said Dean McLeod, Chair of the Brampton Sports Hall of Fame Committee in a recent statement. “It will be our pleasure to welcome these new inductees when they will take their place alongside all of the past inductees."
The 38th Annual Brampton Sports Hall of Fame Induction Ceremony will take place on Tuesday, May 15, 2018 at the Rose Theatre. There will be a cocktail dinner at 6 p.m. followed by the induction ceremony and reception.
If you’re interested, there will be a big name keynote speaker - former CFL quarterback and four-time Grey Cup Champion Damon Allen.
"Brampton can take great pride in this year's Sports Hall of Fame inductees,” said Mayor Linda Jeffrey. “Their contributions to their respective sports are felt in this city and around the world”
Tickets are on sale now at the Rose Theatre for $55 each.
- Brampton Resident Enjoying Significant Lotto Win
- Desperation for Rentals Reaches Fever Pitch in Brampton
- Peel Police Arrest Brampton Man With Outstanding Robbery Warrants
- PHOTOS: Have a Look at Brampton's First Community Iftar
- A Brampton Student is Looking For Help to Attend Harvard In An Interesting Way