Brand New Mauritian Restaurant Opens in Brampton
If you’re in the mood for something different, something different this way has come!
La Marmite Mauricienne (translated to The Mauritian Pot) offers delicious Mauritian cuisine in downtown Brampton. Vanesha Nuckchaddee-Khadaroo, the owner of The Mauritian Pot Restaurant, is offering a new experience to Bramptonians through her use of fresh ingredients, freshly ground spices and a lot of culinary creativity.
It’s a family restaurant that can accomodate up to 30 people and each table is named after a popular beach from Mauritian island. The resto is augmented by pictures on the wall portraying Mauritius culture, so everyone can enjoy the exotic island experience. Khadaroo also hosts cooking classes and offers catering and personal chef services for special occasions.
Khadaroo currenly lives in Brampton and the downtown area was her first choice for her business because of the urban look and feel. Located behind the four corners of Main/Queen in the heart of the city, you will find her restaurant hidden like a gem in Harmsworth Lane between John St. & Queen Street.
Khadaroo was inspired by her mother’s own cantina and has been passionate about cooking since childhood. Currently, the Mauritian Pot is offering a signature dish called Akni (which consits of cooked rice layered with fresh minced meat and blended with savoury mild spices, served with mango/coriander chutney for an original flavour). Exotic items such as fish and seafood are also offered. The menu also features a specialty signature non-alcoholic island drink called Alouda. Khadaroo is known for her home-made sauces, like her famous “La Sauce Illoisi,” an island-style lemon chutney sauce.
Fortunately for sauce lovers, the concoctions are also available to purchase.
Tres bon appetit!
- One Dead and One in Hospital Following a Shooting on the 410 in Brampton
- Massive New Playdium Location Now Open in Brampton
- Police on Scene After Female Critically Injured in Brampton
- Husband Arrested For Attempted Murder Following Disturbance Call In Brampton
- Brampton Man Celebrating Massive $9 Million Lotto Win
- Very Unique Restaurant in Brampton Shuts Down
- Top 5 Popular New Restaurant Openings in Brampton in 2016
- 5 Most Shocking Restaurant Closings in Brampton of 2018
- Brampton Restaurant Fan D Flame Offers Traditional Filipino Cuisine and a Must Try Dining Experience Called “Boodle Fight”
- Brand New Caribbean Restaurant Coming to Brampton