BREAKING: Amazon warehouse employee in Brampton tests positive for COVID-19
An employee at the Amazon warehouse in Brampton has tested positive for COVID-19.
This was confirmed today (May 1) by Mayor Patrick Brown in an exclusive interview with inbrampton.
“I spoke to the Amazon officials and they said they’re doing their due diligence to see who else is affected,” said Brown, adding that this news was concerning.
“Public Health is now seized of the matter and anything further, Public Health will talk about.”
In terms of the corporation’s protocol following this positive test result, Brown says he was briefed prior to when all the employees were notified.
“In a large workplace, they have to follow the protocols of Public Health,” said Brown, adding that they investigate to ensure all protocols are done accordingly.
“I would say than Amazon leadership has been cooperative saying that whatever Public Health says, they’re going to follow, but we're still looking into this,” concluded Brown.
- Peel Public Health says people who visited Brampton Tim Hortons location not at heightened risk of COVID-19 exposure
- Patrick Brown reveals COVID-19 'hot spot' neighbourhood in Brampton
- Peel public health continues taking safety measures amid COVID-19 concerns
- Peel Public Health investigates after local workplace exposed to coronavirus
- Employee at Brampton McDonald's tests positive for COVID-19