BREAKING: Riya Rajkumar's Father Dies
The father and alleged killer of 11 year old Mississauga girl Riya Rajkumar has reportedly passed away.
On Thursday evening, February 14, Riya was located deceased at a Brampton residence. Her father, 41 year old Roopesh Rajkumar, was later arrested by OPP.
Roopesh was charged with first degree murder.
On February 17, police revealed that the accused was taken to a Toronto trauma centre with a self-inflicted gunshot wound.
This evening (Wednesday, February 20), police say Roopesh passed away in the hospital.
"Investigators from the Homicide and Missing Persons Bureau are continuing their investigation into the death of Riya Rajkumar," police say.
Anyone with further information related to this investigation is asked to call 905-453-2121, ext. 3205.
- Funeral Planned on Wednesday for 11 Year Old Riya Rajkumar
- UPDATE: Father Charged Following Murder of 11-Year-Old Daughter
- AMBER ALERT CANCELLED: 11 Year Old Girl Abducted by Father Found Dead in Brampton
- BREAKING UPDATE: Alleged Killer of 11-Year-Old Girl in Hospital with Gunshot Wound
- UPDATE: Man Charged with First Degree Murder of 11 Year Old Daughter