BREAKING: Woman Charged with Second Degree Murder After Fatal Stabbing
Charges have been laid following a fatal attack.
At 10:20 p.m. on Friday, March 8, Peel Police officers responded to a stabbing report on Ann Street in the area of Hurontario and Lakeshore in Mississauga.
The male victim succumbed to his injuries and was pronounced dead.
He is identified as 54 year old Mississauga man Michael Johnston.
The same evening, police arrested Mary Ljubanovich, a 48 year old woman from Mississauga.
Ljubanovich has been charged with second degree murder.
Police say this is Peel Region’s third homicide of 2019.
"An autopsy is scheduled for later this week where an official cause of death will be determined," police say.
Ljubanovich is expected to make a brief court appearance on Sunday, March 9 to be remanded into custody.
Investigators believe there are no other suspects in this incident.
- Multiple charges laid for loitering in Brampton
- First responders attending to vehicle rollover in Brampton
- Brampton city council unanimously approves motion to increase road safety
- Federal wage subsidy to be extended to December, Trudeau says
- House of the Week: $1.6 Mil House with Insta-Worthy Backyard
- 20 Year Old Male Charged with First Degree Murder
- Suspect and Victim Identified in Fatal Stabbing Incident in Brampton
- Two Arrested for First Degree Murder in Brampton
- BREAKING: Man Arrested in Connection with Murder of 14 Year Old Boy in Mississauga
- Police Asking For Help To Locate Two Suspects Wanted For First-Degree Murder