Call from 'concerned citizen' leads to arrests in Brampton gun offence
Peel Regional Police charged five men with firearms-related offences after a traffic stop in Brampton.
Police received a call from a “concerned citizen” Saturday (Aug, 15) regarding a firearm they had seen inside a vehicle in the parking lot of a plaza in the area of Bramalea Rd and Sandalwood Pkwy.
Police say they arrived and located two vehicles before arresting eight men “matching the information provided by the caller”.
A loaded handgun was recovered, according to police.
- Simerjit Singh, 23-years-old, from Georgetown
- Arundeep Sood, 40-years-old, from Brampton
- Manpreet Singh, 21-years-old, of No Fixed Address
- Shivampreet Singh, 21-years-old, from Brampton
- Mehakdeep Maan, 22-years-old, from Brampton
All five men were held for bail and appeared in court Aug. 16.
- All COVID-19 cases in Brampton schools for the week of September 14 to 19
- Seven of the top 10 most rat-infested cities in Ontario in GTHA
- Police investigate possible kidnapping of a female in Brampton
- PICK A SIDE: Should Ontario return to Stage 2?
- BREAKING: Ontario rolls back social gathering limits in response to rising COVID-19 cases
- Mississauga and Brampton residents charged with firearm-related offences
- Two Suspects Charged After Firearm Recovered During Traffic Stop in Brampton
- Brampton man charged with firearm-related offences
- Brampton man charged with weapon offences after police seize loaded handgun
- Man Charged After Police Locate Loaded Firearm in Brampton