Can You ID This Suspect for Halton Police?
Halton police are looking for a suspect who wound up in Brampton after items were allegedly taken from a vehicle in Milton.
“It’s an ongoing investigation,” said Det.-Const. Cameron Bokstein.
The incident took place during the early morning hours of Oct. 2.
That’s when “an unknown person entered into an unlocked motor vehicle that was parked in a residential driveway” in the 3rd Side Road area of Campbellville.
At this time, several items were stolen, including credit cards, Bokstein confirmed.
The stolen cards were used in Brampton a short time later.
“There were lots of different places” the cards were used, said Bokstein, such as gas stations.
Investigators used video footage - from several locations where the cards were swiped - to isolate images of the suspect.
Investigators say they’re not sure if the suspect acted alone.
“There could be other people involved” in the case, said Bokstein.
The suspect is described as male, white, in his mid-to-late 20s with a heavy build.
He had a full, light-coloured beard, and was wearing black and red high-top shoes, long black shorts, a plain red hooded sweatshirt, and a black New York Yankees cap.
A suspect vehicle was also observed and is believed to be a red four-door sedan with a sunroof and one working fog light.
Anyone who may have any information is asked to phone Det.-Const. Cameron Bokstein of the 1 District criminal investigations bureau at 905-825-4747 ext. 2484 or Crime Stoppers at 1-800-222-8477, through the web at www.haltoncrimestoppers.ca or by texting “Tip 201” with your message to 274637 (crimes).
Images courtesy of Halton Regional Police
- 11-year-old from Brampton hoping to win this season’s grand prize for America’s Got Talent
- Peel District schools in Brampton with reported cases of COVID-19 – September 22
- Police investigating robbery at gunpoint in Brampton
- Road closed due to collision between car and truck in Brampton
- Peel District schools in Brampton with reported cases of COVID-19 - September 21
- Police searching for suspect who fled stolen vehicle in Brampton
- Police Seeking Suspect Following Break and Enter in Brampton
- Suspect on the Run After Stolen Vehicle Crashes in Brampton
- PHOTOS: Police ID Suspect After Officer Injured in Carjacking
- Suspect Sought After Vehicle Stolen at Knife Point in Brampton