Canada Ranked as One of the Best Countries in the World
Canada is known for a lot of things, and though Canadians aren’t necessarily known for tooting their own horns, it’s official — Canada has ranked very highly on a list of the best countries in the world.
According to the 2018 Best Countries report by US News & World Report, Y&R's BAV Consulting, and the Wharton School of the University of Pennsylvania, Canada has ranked as the second best country in the world once again (we were also second in the 2017 report)
We’re number two to Switzerland, which has been ranked as the best country in the world again.
The report scores 80 nations based on the following factors. Here’s how Canada ranked on reach one:
- Adventure (#18): friendly, fun, pleasant climate, scenic, sexy
- Citizenship (#4): cares about human rights, cares about the environment, gender equality, progressive, religious freedom, respects property rights, trustworthy, well-distributed political power
- Cultural Influence (#11): culturally significant in terms of entertainment, fashionable, happy, has an influential culture, modern, prestigious, trendy
- Entrepreneurship (#7): connected to the rest of the world, educated population, entrepreneurial, innovative, provides easy access to capital, skilled labor force, technological expertise, transparent business
- practices, well-developed infrastructure, well-developed legal framework
- Heritage (#40): culturally accessible, has a rich history, has great food, many cultural attractions
- Movers (#32): different, distinctive, dynamic, unique
- Open for Business (#7): bureaucratic, cheap manufacturing costs, corrupt, favorable tax environment, transparent government practices
- Power (#12): a leader, economically influential, politically influential, strong international alliances, strong military
- Quality of Life (#1): a good job market, affordable, economically stable, family friendly, income equality, politically stable, safe, well-developed public education system, well-developed public health system
Canada has indeed ranked first in terms of quality of life, and fourth in terms of citizenship, after Norway at number one, Switzerland at two, and Denmark at three.
Here’s a look at the 15 best countries in the world, according to the report:
According to the publishers, the rankings are based on “how global perceptions define countries in terms of a number of qualitative characteristics, impressions that have the potential to drive trade, travel and investment and directly affect national economies.”
So, there you have it, you’re living in one of the best countries in the world!
For more information, click here.
- LATEST: Ontario and Brampton COVID-19 numbers as of April 5, 2020
- CAUGHT ON VIDEO: Crews on scene for fire at abandoned Brampton residence
- Troops hit the road to prepare for fight against COVID-19
- Application process for emergency benefits for workers begins this morning
- Physical distancing fine issued in Brampton after backyard party
- Canada Recently Ranked Number One on This Exciting List
- Canadian Passport Ranked One of the Most Powerful in the World
- Study finds Canadians have fewer opportunities to create wealth than citizens in other developed countries
- Canada is No Longer the Most Reputable Country in the World
- Canada Recently Ranked High on This Super Festive List