Canada ranked the second most popular tourist destination for Uber users
Uber recently released their annual stats for 2019.
According to the report, Toronto’s CN Tower cracked the top 10 most popular travel destinations this year.
The top five were the Eiffel Tower at number five, the Arc de Triomphe at number four, the CN Tower at number three, the Freedom Tower, at number two, and the Empire State Building at number one.
Additionally, Canada was the second most popular destination for U.S. tourists this year—Mexico was number one, while the U.K. was number three.
This year, St. Paddy’s Day was the most popular day for Uber usage for the second consecutive year, while October 26 and November 2—when people celebrated Halloween—were second and third.
Additionally, this year, Uber Eats delivered its billionth delivery. Further, Toronto was the most caffeinated city, as Uber Eats users from Ontario’s capital ordered more coffee than any other city. Toronto also had one of the latest peak times for orders at 11 p.m.
The most popular foods ordered this year were pizza, sushi, wings, and ramen.
Based on searches so far, Uber predicts the top five most popular foods for 2020 will be Keto at number five, Reishi at number four, Collagen at number three, Squid ink at number two, and Starfruit at number one.
- Unexpected airport closure leaves Canadian travellers stranded on Cuban island
- The longest picket line ever could be coming to the Region of Peel this Friday
- PHOTOS: Plane lands without wheel at Pearson Airport
- Peel Regional Police investigating carjacking in Brampton
- Police investigating fire in Brampton
- Here’s Why Some Canadian Uber Users Could Lose Access to the Popular App
- Canada Recently Ranked Number One on This Exciting List
- OPP Reveals Number One Cause of Road Fatalities This Year
- Number of Subway locations continues to decline in Brampton
- These are the most popular travel destinations for 2020 according to Canadians