Canada's Wonderland is Building Longest, Fastest, Highest Roller-Coaster for 2019
A GTA amusement park is introducing a record-setting roller coaster for the 2019 season.
Canada’s Wonderland will be rolling out the Yukon Striker.
It’s the longest, fastest and tallest dive roller coaster in the world, according to the park.
What’s in store?
An epic journey high above the park’s skyline where you’ll hang over a 90-degree drop “for three breathtaking seconds, staring 245 feet down into an underwater tunnel,” the website reads.
“Then suddenly you dive, reaching speeds of 130 km/h and soaring through four dynamic inversions, including a complete 360-degree loop - the only one of its kind for a dive coaster.”
It’s a three-minute, 25 second thrill with a 75 metre drop.
The launch of Yukon Striker coincides with the official opening of Frontier Canada, a gold rush-themed attraction area in Canada’s Wonderland.
The theme park opened in 1981.
Will you ride the Yukon Striker?
1. The fastest dive coaster at 130 km/h (80 mph)
2. The longest dive coaster at 3,625 feet (1,105 metres)
3. Tallest dive coaster at 245 feet (75 metres) - includes underground
(Source: Canada’s Wonderland)
Photo courtesy of Canada’s Wonderland
- Province confirms route for new highway that will run through Brampton
- City Council approves plan for Brampton’s last undeveloped area
- Brampton man arrested, two suspects sought for carjacking of mother and three year old daughter
- Ontario reports fewer than 100 new cases of COVID-19 for sixth day in a row
- Brampton man and Mississauga woman charged after motorcycle theft, assault against officer
- VIDEO: Canada’s Wonderland Introduces World’s Tallest And Fastest Dive Coaster
- UPDATE: Record-Breaking Roller Coaster Opening Soon at Canada's Wonderland
- Brand New, Record-Breaking Roller Coaster Built at Canada's Wonderland
- Here's how to take a virtual roller coaster ride with Canada's Wonderland
- Canada's Wonderland is Getting a Massive Winter Festival