Canadian Government Funding Over $3 Million For People With Autism
The Public Health Agency of Canada will be investing more than $3 million into community-based projects supporting individuals with autism spectrum disorder (ASD) with an additional $720,774 of in-kind support from partner organizations.
Parliamentary Secretary to the Minister of Health Pam Damoff just announced an array of community-based projects to assist and support individuals with ASD and those who care for them.
"It gives me great pride to announce six new initiatives to help Canadians living with autism spectrum disorder live life to the fullest. These community-based projects across the country address a broad range of issues, from mental health to sexuality to employment," said Damoff.
The projects receiving funding will support Canadians living with ASD as well as their families/ caregivers to gain knowledge, skills and resources. It will also help communities better address the challenges of ASD and assist those living with it.
In Budget 2018, the government allocated $20 million over five years to better support the needs of Canadians living with ASD. Of that investment, $9.1 million went towards the establishment of the Autism Spectrum Disorder Strategic Fund and more than $10 million went to the development of the Autism-Intellectual-Developmental Disabilities National Resource and Exchange (AIDE) Network.
- What NOT to Call 911 For in Peel Region
- House of the Week: $1.8 Mil Luxurious Mansion With Backyard Resort
- Man and Woman Charged After Police Seize Guns and Drugs from Brampton Home
- Brawl Breaks Out Involving Nearly 500 Students in Brampton
- Brampton Native Ex-NHL Defenceman Will Be The First Canadian On Survivor
- Government Announces New Support For Brampton Residents With Autism
- Ford Government To Lead Public Consultations About The Ontario Autism Program
- Families of Children with Autism to Have New Funding Option
- Provincial Government Changes Course on Autism Funding
- Doug Ford to Make Major Changes to Ontario Autism Program