Canadians Say This is a Major Dating Dealbreaker
Looking for that special someone?
You may want to be on top of your finances if you want a shot at landing love.
A recent Ratehub.ca survey found that 46 per cent of Canadians consider major credit card debt a relationship deal breaker while on the first date.
The 1,000 Canadians polled were either married, dating, or in a long-term relationship.
Trust was found to be significant amongst a majority of Canadians, with 89 per cent saying they trust their significant others with their credit card and that it's important to discuss with each other in general.
Interestingly enough, however, 23 per cent were not aware of how their signficant other uses their credit card and 55 per cent say they don't know their significant other's credit score.
While 82 per cent of Canadians talk openly about their credit card expenditures with significant others, the remaining 18 per cent who don't say it's because their spending doesn't concern them (60 per cent), not wanting to get into an argument (23 per cent), earning less money (19 per cent), being judged (18 per cent), and being embarrased by spending habits (18 per cent).
To alleaviate tension about finances and credit card spending in a relationship, having a heart-to-heart with your significant other about it is the first step, while considering a joint credit card may help in the long run.
Do you think credit card debt is a major relationship deal breaker?
- Peel Police Asking For Public's Help To Locate Pregnant 34-Year-Old Woman
- GoFundMe Page Set Up for Family Following Double Murder-Suicide In Brampton
- OPP Arrest 23-Year-Old Brampton Resident Following Road Rage Incident
- All Lanes Blocked On Highway 407 Due To Collision In Brampton
- Police Investigating Early Morning Shooting in Brampton
- Major Bank Forgives Debt of Its Canadian Credit Card Holders
- Some Credit Card Users Might Have to Start Paying Extra Fees
- Here’s How To Protect Yourself From Credit Card Scams
- Would You Rather Use a Credit Card With a PIN or Tap and Go?
- Teen Arrested in Connection with String of Credit Card Thefts at Major Brampton Gym