Canadians still haven’t returned to the gym: survey
Despite the fact all of Ontario has entered Stage 3, and gyms have been permitted to reopen, many Canadians have been leery of returning.
According to a recent study from RunRepeat, despite the fact gyms have reopened, only 30.77 per cent of people have resumed their regular workout routines.
Additionally, Canadians were most likely to have already cancelled their gym membership while businesses were closed during the pandemic.
Based on the findings, 21.15 per cent said they had already cancelled their membership, while 39.23 per cent are considering cancelling.
Further, consumer confidence in Canadian gyms has declined significantly since March.
The findings indicate 27.03 per cent fewer than the expected number of members have returned to their gyms by now.
- Charges laid after stolen vehicle causes collision in Brampton
- Seven of the top 10 most rat-infested cities in Ontario in GTHA
- Additional charges laid in fatal Brampton collision that killed mother and three children
- Planning for this transformative Brampton project now underway
- Brampton's mandatory face-covering bylaw to be extended until 2021
- PICK A SIDE: Is it still too early to reopen gyms?
- Struggling boutique gyms navigate unique COVID-19 pandemic challenges
- More than 80 per cent of businesses impacted by pandemic: study
- 36 per cent of Canadians went over budget this past holiday season: survey
- Gyms, theatres among those cleared to reopen as much of Ontario enters recovery Stage 3