UPDATED: Car Fire in Parking Lot in Brampton
Peel Regional Police have reported that there is a three-vehicle fire in Brampton this afternoon.
Police reported that a call came in around 4:03 p.m. about a fire on Bovaird Drive and Fletchers Creek, in the plaza with the Ample Food Market.
According to police, what began as a one-vehicle fire spread to three vehicles.
Police are unsure if there is anything suspicious about the fire.
We will update as more information becomes available.
UPDATED: As of 4:43 p.m. this afternoon, police have confirmed that this is now a four-vehicle fire.
Three of the vehicles have been totaled and one has front-end damage.
“It is believed to be suspicious,” said Const. Bancroft Wright.
No injuries have been reported.
UPDATED: As of 5:20 p.m., police have reported that there is nothing suspicious about the fire.
According to Wright, the fire was allegedly a result of work that the owner of the first vehicle had done on their car, involving changing its battery.
Crews are on scene for clean up.
- Brampton father celebrating big lotto win
- Peel District schools in Brampton with reported cases of COVID-19 – September 25
- Daycare in Lockdown as shooting leaves man dead in Brampton
- Brampton remains reasonably-priced for tenants: Report
- Province places new restrictions on bars and restaurants, closes all strip clubs