CAUGHT ON VIDEO: Brampton Woman Charged After Woman and Cars Struck in Hit and Run
A video has gone viral on social media of a hit and run last Friday afternoon.
Just before 1 p.m. on Friday, August 10, Peel Regional Police responded to an incident at Wanless Drive and Tournament Drive, south of Hurontario.
Police report that they spoke to two victims, who claimed they both had their vehicles struck by a woman driving a white sedan.
The suspect fled the scene.
One woman reportedly attempted to stop the suspect from leaving and was struck by the vehicle, causing minor injuries.
Vandon Gene, the brother of the woman who was struck, tweeted the video on August 10. Gene said his sister was “almost killed.”
The video shows an altercation between the driver and two women. The driver accelerates into one woman, who stumbles backwards several steps on impact, reverses the vehicle, and speeds away from the scene.
As of Sunday night, the video has almost 17,500 views on Twitter.
Carly Napoli, 18, of Brampton, was charged with dangerous operation of a motor vehicle and two counts of failing to remain on scene.
Napoli is set to appear in court in September.
My sister was almost killed by a deranged driver in Brampton today. Driver hit two cars, including my sister’s, and ran her over. Hit and run. @PeelPoliceMedia are searching for her. If you recognize her, please report to police. @CP24 @globalnewsto @CBCToronto @CTVToronto pic.twitter.com/3WklbwmEQo— Vandon Gene (@vandongene) August 10, 2018
- All COVID-19 cases in Brampton schools for the week of September 14 to 19
- Seven of the top 10 most rat-infested cities in Ontario in GTHA
- Police investigate possible kidnapping of a female in Brampton
- PICK A SIDE: Should Ontario return to Stage 2?
- BREAKING: Ontario rolls back social gathering limits in response to rising COVID-19 cases
- Brampton Woman Arrested After Allegedly Striking Vehicles, Fleeing Scene
- Woman Charged With Impaired Driving After Man Struck and Killed in Brampton
- Brampton Woman Struck and Killed by Vehicle in Mississauga
- Brampton Woman Arrested for Impaired Driving Causing Two Accidents
- Driver struck by vehicle after altercation with other driver: Peel police