CAUGHT ON VIDEO: Bridge Demolition on the 401
In the early morning hours of Sunday morning (Oct. 30), construction crews were on scene at a massive bridge demolition above highway 401 in Mississauga.
The Second Line West bridge was demolished as part of a long-term project to expand the highway. Yesterday (Oct. 29), the province issued a notice advising residents of the major construction. Lanes were closed at 9:00 p.m. and the highway in the affected area completely closed at 11:00 p.m.
During the closure, a detour route was implemented. Westbound traffic was detoured off the 401 at Mavis and eastbound traffic was detoured off at Mississauga Rd/Erin Mills Parkway.
The demolition took place just west of the Mavis interchange.
According to the Ontario Provincial Police, the demolition concluded shortly after 9:00 a.m.
As you can see from the video, the first part of the footage shows an aerial view and the second part shows a ground view of the impressive display of heavy machinery.
It also sounds like a rollercoaster the entire time.
We think it’s pretty cool.
Photo and video courtesy of Pascal Marchand
- Top 5 Hottest Restaurants in Brampton: February 17-23
- Biggest Snow Storm of the Year Could Hit Brampton Soon
- Brampton House of the Week: Modern $1.3 Million Home With Three Fireplaces
- Police Warning Residents to Be Aware of Human Trafficking in Brampton
- New Report Indicates Brampton is at Risk of Housing Bubble