CAUGHT ON VIDEO: Cows Rounded Up After Getting onto Highway
OPP have released video footage of a group of cows being rounded up following a collision in Mississauga.
Late Friday evening, March 29, a cattle truck collided with the cement barrier on Highway 401, stopping traffic and unleashing a herd of cows onto the highway.
The westbound express lanes of the 401 were closed at Hurontario shortly after the incident, followed by all lanes being blocked at the 410 and all eastbound express lanes blocked at Hurontario.
“Unfortunately 12 cows were found deceased inside the trailer as a result of the collision,” OPP Sgt. Kerry Schmidt says.
The cows were rounded up and the scene was cleared:
Cattle being rounded up off #hwy401 after collision involving a cattle carrier collided with the cement barrier around 11:30 p.m. last night. Unfortunately 12 cows were found deceased inside the trailer as a result of thr collision.#Farming#CowsLooseOnTheHighway #Mississauga pic.twitter.com/bo1ninkMqU— Sgt Kerry Schmidt (@OPP_HSD) March 30, 2019
At 5:18 p.m. on Saturday, Schmidt reports that the driver of the cattle truck — 36 year old George Scott from Mount Forest — is charged with careless driving.
Scott is said to have sustained minor injuries in the collision.
Photo and video courtesy of OPP Sgt. Kerry Schmidt
- Peel District schools in Brampton with reported cases of COVID-19 - September 17
- Seven of the top 10 most rat-infested cities in Ontario in GTHA
- BREAKING: Social gathering limits to be lowered in Brampton in response to spike in COVID-19 cases
- Brampton issues 63 additional charges for face-covering infractions amid COVID-19 outbreak
- Dufferin-Peel Catholic District schools in Brampton with reported COVID-19 cases – September 17
- PHOTOS: Part of Highway Closed After Cows Get Loose in 410 Area
- VIDEO: Dump Truck Rollover Collision on Highway 410
- Truck Falls Into Ditch Following Collision On Highway 410 Southbound
- VIDEO: Major Collision Blocking All Lanes on 410 in Brampton
- VIDEO: Transport Truck Rollover Causing Highway Delays