CAUGHT ON VIDEO: Hockey Teams Get Into a Brawl in Peel
A hockey game involving young players turned violent when players began to brawl on the ice.
A video posted to Facebook by Julie Koostachin, which was taken at Iceland Arena in Mississauga around 8:00 p.m. on March 13, shows two teams getting involved in a large brawl after a smaller fight breaks out.
In the video, one player in a blue jersey is seen skating towards a team that’s celebrating near the net when he’s seemingly attacked by several players in white jerseys. When the players reach the player in blue, a fight breaks out and two players fall to the ice.
Officials skate over the intervene, but eventually other players got involved, effectively starting a brawl.
“OMFG!! Those little f—ers attacking my baby…he just wanted to celebrate with the rest of his teammates after winning this championship game,” Koostachin wrote on Facebook.
Another video of the incident, courtesy of Hockey Players Club, can be seen below.
In the video, players can be seen hitting one another with their hockey sticks.
Peel police say they’re looking into the incident.
No information on charges or injuries is available at this time.
- McLaughlin and Ray Lawson closed due to shooting investigation in Brampton
- House of the Week: $1.6 Mil House with Insta-Worthy Backyard
- Peel District schools in Brampton with reported cases of COVID-19 – September 29
- Dufferin-Peel Catholic District schools in Brampton with reported COVID-19 cases – September 29
- Mayor Brown raises concerns over banquet hall events and weddings in Brampton
- Four Brooklyn Nets players test positive for COVID-19
- Leafs captain Tavares says players getting ‘comfortable with being uncomfortable’
- VIDEO: Sidney Crosby Shoots a Heart Warming Kenyan Hockey Promo in Brampton
- Ontario Premier Ford says tests of NHL players would be handled in private labs
- VIDEO: These 5 Year Old Basketball Players From Brampton Have Gone Viral With a Group Hug