CAUGHT ON VIDEO: Single vehicle collision in Brampton
Officers from the 22 Division have charged a man relating to a single-vehicle collision in the City of Brampton.
The collision was captured on video and is currently circulating on social media, which has left many concerned citizens in the community.
On July 1, 2020, at approximately 1:47 p.m., police say they received several calls for service regarding a motor vehicle involved in a collision in front of Commodore Drive.
Police say the driver was travelling eastbound on Williams Parkway, approaching Valleyway Drive in Brampton.
According to police, the driver lost control of the motor vehicle and the car hit the curb of the right lane, catapulting over the fence that separates Commodore Drive from Williams Parkway.
Once over the fence, the vehicle hit a tree and then hit a parked car before finally stopping and landing a few meters away from a residence.
The investigation revealed that the driver was operating his motor vehicle in a dangerous manner, which caused the car to lose control.
He was transported to a hospital with minor injuries and was cleared from the hospital.
The 28-year-old man from Wasaga Beach was arrested and charged for Dangerous Operation of a Motor Vehicle.
He was released on an Appearance Notice and is scheduled to attend the Ontario Court of Justice.
Anyone with information regarding this incident is asked to contact 22 Division at (905)453-2121 ext. 2200.
Information may also be left anonymously by calling Peel Crime Stoppers at 1-800-222-TIPS (8477), or by visiting www.peelcrimestoppers.ca.
- Woman found in Brampton garage in life-threatening condition
- Unconscious male in Brampton located with no vital signs, police say
- Child at summer camp tests positive for COVID-19
- UPDATE: Woman pronounced dead after being found with life-threatening injuries
- Police looking for missing 12 year old from Brampton
- Major intersection shut down due to motor vehicle collision in Brampton
- Roads Closed and Peel Police on Scene Following Motor Vehicle Collision in Brampton
- Lanes blocked on Brampton intersection due to motor vehicle collision
- Youth struck in motor vehicle collision in Brampton
- UPDATE: 25-Year-Old Driver Still in Serious Condition After One-Car Collision in Brampton