Celebrate Filipino Heritage Month With Delicious Treats in Brampton
Brampton has residents who can trace their heritage from around the world. Now the City will give its residents a chance to celebrate its Filipino community!
Filipino Independence Day is an annual national holiday in the Philippines that is observed on June 12. It is held to commemorate the country’s independence from Spain.
To celebrate this occasion, the City of Brampton will be hosting a public “Halo-Halo” event at City Hall on June 13, in partnership with the Federation of Filipino Canadians of Brampton (FFCB).The event will be hosted by Mayor Brown and Members of the City Council.There will be an opening ceremony, musical and dance performances, tasty refreshments provided by local restaurant sponsors, and the main event: halo-halo, which is a popular cold Filipino dessert.The event will start at 5 pm and run until 8 pm.Filipino Heritage Month is part of Brampton’s summer celebrations commemorating the City’s diversity.You can read more about the other summer events planned in the city here.
- Patrick Brown Declares June as Filipino Heritage Month
- New Filipino Restaurant Opens in Brampton
- Celebrate diversity with the city of Brampton at these upcoming events
- Highly-Anticipated Filipino Supermarket Announces Official Opening Date Just Outside of Brampton
- Huge Filipino Supermarket Will be Even Bigger Than Expected