City Considering Proposal to Build 20 New Executive Homes in Brampton
Talks are ongoing regarding a plan to build 20 new executive homes on a currently vacant lot in Brampton.
According to the city of Brampton’s Planning & Development Committee Agenda for January 14, 2019, Candevcon Limited has proposed the development of approximately 20 single detached residential units at 10230 Goreway Drive.
This location, roughly 10 acres in size, was home to a large mansion that was destroyed by a fire in 2015.
The home was never rebuilt, making the location now a prime candidate for new developments.
More specifically, the proposal for developing this area consists of the following:
- 15 executive residential lots with a lot width of approximately 15.2 metres and a depth of approximately 30.7 metres
- 4 executive residential lots with a lot width of 18.3 metres and lot depth of approximately 34.5 metres
- 1 executive residential lot with a lot frontage of 13.8 metres
- a parkette block of approximately 0.08 hectares
- a valleyland block with associated buffer blocks,
- a noise buffer block
- a road widening block
- public streets
- access from Valleywest Road which connects to Goreway Drive via Paper Birch Road
“The supply of upscale executive housing is intended to make Brampton more attractive as the location of choice for business executives to encourage them to work and live in Brampton,” according to the report.
The proposal was discussed in a public meeting on January 14 and further deliberations will be in place in the future.
We’ll update with more news on this story as it develops.
What do you think of the proposal to build 20 new homes in this area?
- Here are the Latest Development Applications Coming to Brampton
- Some People Furious About Plan to Build More Housing
- Brampton House of the Week: $1.1 Million Stunning Executive Home With Trendy Kitchen
- A New Neighbourhood Could Be Coming to Brampton
- Will This Brampton Neighbourhood See New Residential Developments?