City Releases Important Information To Survive The Summer Heat In Brampton
Due to the hot weather, the city of Brampton is reminding residents that all of its recreation centres are available during normal hours of operation as heat relief locations.
Recreation centres are equipped with air conditioning, drinking water available at taps and fountains, and relaxed loitering rules to allow residents the opportunity to get cool.
Residents are encouraged to refer to the city's website for drop-in swim schedules.
Residents are encouraged to restrict outdoor activity. It is also recommended that the public stay out of the sun, drink lots of water and stay in air-conditioned places.
Seniors and young children are particularly at risk, and residents are encouraged to check in on friends and family who they think may be vulnerable.
Pets should be kept indoors. People should hold off on taking them for walks in the heat. Remember, if the pavement is too hot for bare feet, it is too hot for bare paws.
In hot temperatures, never leave children or pets unattended in vehicles.
Lastly, remember to enjoy the hot weather!
- Peel Region Reduces Speed Limits On Two Major Roads In Brampton
- Peel Police Arrest Two Men In Connection To A Homicide In Brampton
- Heavy Police Presence Due To Distressed Man In Brampton
- Police Looking For Brampton Man Wanted For Numerous Firearm Offences
- GoFundMe Page Set Up for Family Following Double Murder-Suicide In Brampton