City reopening washrooms at some major parks in Brampton
As of today, June 19, washrooms at some of Brampton’s major parks have reopened.
Washrooms are open on Monday to Friday from 4:00 p.m. to 9:00 p.m., and on Saturday and Sunday from 9:00 a.m. to 9:00 p.m., at the following parks:
- Batsman Park
- Chinguacousy Park
- Creditview Sandalwood Park
- Eldorado Park
- Gage Park
- McCandless Park
- Teramoto Park
“The City takes community health and safety seriously, and as parks have reopened in our community, washrooms are the next step to ensure residents have access to this necessary amenity,” the city said in a recent statement.
Washrooms will be staffed with attendants to ensure that they are cleaned frequently, according to the city.
The city also announced today that all cemeteries in Brampton have reopened. Cemeteries are open every day from 7:30 a.m. until 9:00 p.m.
"Reopening City cemeteries is an important step in our reopening and recovery plan for Brampton,” said Mayor Patrick Brown. “We know how much this means to residents, especially those who have lost loved ones.”
The city is continuing to encourage residents to carry personal disinfectant, wash their hands often, and wear non-medical masks.
- Ontario to announce plans for Stage 3 of reopening as COVID-19 spread slows
- House of the Week: $1.6 Mil House with Insta-Worthy Backyard
- Weather warning in effect for funnel clouds expected in Brampton
- Brampton resident celebrating a big lotto win
- Ontario set to announce plans for Stage 3 of COVID reopening
- City Council Endorses Parks and Recreation Master Plan
- Brampton seeks community feedback for reopening of city's economy
- Provincial parks and conservation reserves to reopen soon for limited access
- Brampton launches mayor's working group to plan for city's reopening
- Gradual reopening of national parks, historic sites to be announced