Close to 500 new cases of COVID-19 found in Ontario, over 300 total cases confirmed in Brampton
The province says that close to 500 new COVID-19 cases have been confirmed in Ontario and that 200 residents have died of the virus.
As of 4:00 pm on April 8, Ontario is reporting 5,759 cases of the novel coronavirus in the province. That represents a climb of over 483 new cases in a 24-hour period.
The province says 200 people have died of the disease, while another 2,305 have made full recoveries.
The province says 632 COVID-19 patients are hospitalized, with 264 being treated in intensive care units. The website says 214 patients are currently using ventilators.
According to the website, 88,698 people have been tested for the virus and 1,208 possible cases are under investigation.
According to Peel Public Health's COVID-19 website (which was updated at 10:00 am on April 9), 786 people have been diagnosed in the region and 10 people have died of the virus. There are currently 327 cases in Brampton, 34 in Caledon and 421 in Mississauga.
Four cases are pending more information.
According to Halton Region Public Health, there are 249 cases in the region as of 11:30 am on April 9.
Most COVID-19 cases have been found in Oakville.
Of the 249 cases reported by the Halton Region, 58 cases have been diagnosed in Milton, 99 in Oakville, 54 in Burlington and 38 in Halton Hills.
The region says 15 probable cases are currently under investigation.
Residents are reminded to wash their hands frequently and stay home unless it is not possible to do so.
Cover photo courtesy of The Canadian Press
- 102 new cases of COVID-19 reported in Ontario, 93 new cases found in Brampton
- Brampton issues 14 additional physical distancing fines amid COVID-19 outbreak
- Outdoor water use advisory in effect for Brampton
- Mobile COVID-19 testing centre returning to City of Brampton
- First responders attending to a natural gas line that was struck in Brampton
- 483 new COVID-19 cases reported in Ontario, over 400 total cases confirmed in Brampton
- Ontario reports over 4,000 cases of COVID-19, over 200 cases confirmed in Brampton
- 564 new COVID-19 cases reported in Ontario, over 500 total cases confirmed in Brampton
- Ontario reports over 450 new COVID-19 cases, over 130 cases confirmed in Brampton
- Less than 400 new COVID-19 cases reported in Ontario, over 240 total cases confirmed in Brampton