CLOSURE: Caribbean Restaurant Shut Down in Brampton
Peel Region has closed down a restaurant after a failed health inspection, marking the second closure this week in Brampton.
Caribbean restaurant Gem’s House of Jerk, located on Gillingham Drive, was inspected and closed on Thursday, April 6, 2017.
Reasons for the closure include inadequate protection against pests, food not properly stored to prevent contamination, and a variety of other unhealthy/unsanitary conditions.
According to Peel Health’s public records, this location has faced trouble with health inspections in the past as well, getting written up in December 2016 for the same reasons listed above.
We'll update with any further information on the status of this restaurant.
For more info on all health inspections in Peel, click here.
UPDATE: The restaurant has reopened after passing a more recent inspection on April 11.
- CLOSURE: Peel Restaurant Closed After Failing Health Inspection
- CLOSURE: Chinese Restaurant Closed After Health Inspection in Brampton
- CLOSURE: Indian Restaurant Shut Down for Health Violations in Brampton
- CLOSURE: Chinese Restaurant in Brampton Closed for Health Violations
- CLOSURE: Popular Chicken Restaurant Closed for Health Violations in Brampton